Sunday, July 29, 2007

Little, Yellow, Different?

I wish the word hypocrite was actually spelled "hip"-o-crit so I would at least feel a little bit better about being one. You might recall in the infancy of my little blog that I threw virtual stones at everyone who was caught up in the yellow rubber band craze (and for as worthy of a purpose as it is, let's face it...it's a craze). Now it seems that the bandwagon that I so detest, I have fallen face first into. D'oh!

Me-ish
!
If you have not by this point been assaulted by the PR machine that is the Simpson's Movie, then
Smack! Pop! Wheeeeee! The Simpsonizer has gotten so much play that there has even been a Flickr group devoted to it. Clunky, noisy and utterly unflattering (who woulda thunk it), my first attempt at creating a jaundiced version of myself didn't give me the "hey look at me!" creeps that I thought it would but more or less left me wondering if I truly look like everyone else as the results that were coughed up suggest.
!
Simpsonize me!
!
JBA & Beta creating puddles in the Kwik-E lot
!
I do feel that the site has potential but unless you are "normal" height, weight or don't have a distinguishing facial feature, you might as well just be happy that the thing takes your photo at all...again, if you're lucky enough for that to even happen. After some trial and error, I was finally able to get a picture of mine to upload and the results were less than...ummm, flattering. I am a pretty skinny guy and well, unless I wanted Bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, I found myself somewhere between normal and normal-ish in weight.

!
me with Chuck's and a Mr. Pibb
!
Thank God for the creation of Photoshop. In about half the time it took to upload a "correct" photo and browse through a hundred variations of the same guy, I was able to customize my Simpson self to better reflect what I might look like if I were to really join the bandwagon.

No comments: