Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coachella 2009


Coachella 2009 is officially over. What an amazing experience to be in such a beautiful place with your friends listening to great music. This was not my favorite year at Coachella from an artist standpoint, but I will say that seeing The Presets and Ghostland Observatory filled a long-gestating concert void in my life.
!
What made this Coachella so special was the unexpected moments and the ability to just "not really care" much about the world around me. This was worth the price of plane, hotel and concert alone. Life has been trying lately and I think that no one is exempt from this feeling. For the Coachie crew this year, it was a great way to keep our date with the polo field and push away any of the worldly cares. Not once did I check work email or turn on the television to find out what dismal news was infiltrating the nation.
!
Coachella this year was not as much about the music as it was pure escape. Our group was small this time and we truly missed their presence. To be able to recap all of the events that happened during our trip would keep me way past my bedtime and I certainly want to be timely with this update. The story can easily be told through my Flickr sets which can be accessed by clicking the title of this post above.
!

No comments: