Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

The thing I like most about going somewhere or doing something exciting is the anticipation...even when the "something" is bad. Just the build up and living in the moment before the moment is my favorite part. Working without a real break since last fall has really gotten me antsy about a couple of impending events in my life. The first starts tomorrow as I am off with three of my best friends to the arid California desert. Our mission: to absorb two days worth of the most note worthy music today at Coachella music festival in Indio, California. Not sure if 120 degree heat in the blazing sun while listening to ambient trance or the gentle sound of Nine Inch Nails is an ideal marriage, but I'm willing to risk it. I will post once I get back safely and alive....and find time.

Right on the heels of that trip is a marathon work week. I am hosting a tour for the Happiest Celebration on Earth press event at Walt Disney World. Fifty years of theme parks is the celebration (Disneyland opened fifty years ago in 1955) and there is sure to be lots of walking, running, shouting and overall sweaty fourteen hour days ahead. Gotta love it. Not to mention 4am call times for most of the shoots. Oh, did I mention that I'm salaried and this is all pretty much free labor...yeah. Either way, glad to be a part of such an historic milestone. More news and follow up after I come out of my coma.

No comments: