Tuesday, August 30, 2005

This Justin

I'm reading online today that like all good things that go corporate, the endomorphic Yahoo! Inc. has swallowed Flickr photos and plans to merge this fantastic site into one giant faceless feature of Yahoo! sometime in 2006. Read the report here. Sadly, here's my prediction: Blogger to follow similar fate.
!
Speaking of Yahoo!, just like there are Coke people vs. Pepsi people, I have also noticed that there are people that use Yahoo! as a search engine and those that Google all their stuff. It doesn't bug me but I can't help but notice the factions.

!
I am surprised by what grosses people out about my eating habits. I happened to be having leftover hot dogs for lunch the other day and I made the executive decision to have them cold (with bun and ketchup of course). My lunchmates would not let it go that I was eating 1) hot dogs and 2) not heating them. I almost felt like they thought I was poor. I wasn't trying to conserve the energy to walk to the microwave, I just like them cold once in a while!
!
Today on Cursive's website I learned the sad news that Gretta Cohn is leaving the band to pursue a solo career. If you play a cello please be advised that they are not looking to replace her.

!
Watching all of the destruction in Lousianna and Mississippi makes me a ball of emotion because it was only a year ago this time that we were scared out of our skulls and this year we are mercifully spared. Katrina was so much worse than anything we had, I feel for everyone there. I am also thinking about Steph's family who are trying to make sense of all of it right now. The Betamike good vibe goes out to the Shooks.
!
Life is golden over on Lifetime as they are airing not only a healthy dose of five "Golden Girls" episodes per day but also two episodes per day of the follow-up series "Golden Palace" (which only lasted one season and is pretty much enjoyed only by hardcore Golden fans). Where the show lacks the firecracker wit of absent Dorothy, it makes up for guest appearances. Just this week there was an episode featuring a very young Jack Black!
!
Gas going up...again! One could imagine that before long my ass will be warming a seat on Lynx. Shudder. What the hell is going on, where is the real problem? I hate to be all "second gunman" but is there any correlation between Bush and his family's financial security in their oil business?

!
I just heard Oprah call her dog "her daughrter" like I do. I may have to stop.
!
Some people in Vancouver got together to dress like zombies and walk the city, I don't know why. Take the Zombie Walk here.

the Ben Gibbard zombie & Flock of Seagulls zombie

No comments: