Wednesday, December 21, 2005

For The Betamike In Your Life This Christmas

Christmas is such an optimistic time of year. People actually ask you what you want for Christmas, how amazing is that?! Of course you know you'll never see a thing one off of your list but you can lay it all out on the table and not really feel like a big ol' glutton. It's kind of like a psychological study of your inner Id, your inner kid Id. Like, you can have anything you want as long as you put it in your official letter to Santa. That's the best deal there is! So here is my list in case you were wondering just what to get me for Christmas. Just in case. That is. Of course you are not obligated. Unless you just really feel like it. I know I won't get anything off of this list. I'm used to the disappointment. Really I am. But you know... I posted it so that there is just enough time for you to run out and get it. Plus most of it can be found on the internet. But no pressure. Really.
!

Pixelblocks are the Lincoln Logs, or more appropriately, the Bristle Blocks of today's hipster set. We're so in love with the digital age, why not recreate pop images as if they were magnified 100 million times on your computer screen ... by hand?! Kind of like the time you put your face up against your TV set and saw all those fantastic colored dots, same principle except you really probably shouldn't have done that. You can also submit a photo of yourself and have it recreated in pixelblocks! How cool and narcissistic is that?! These guys are most likely not gonna be in every kid's toy chest this Christmas what with their high concept visuals and even higher price tag (for a freakin' educational toy?!) but a boy can wish can't he?
!
Pixelblocks
!

The iPod turntable. What irreparable damage I could do with this! First, I would have to learn how to DJ, but I saw DJ Peretz do it and what else is there to do but push a few buttons. At least, he made it look that way. Okay, I know it is not as simple as I proclaim it to be but I have asked for far worse things that I had no business asking for. Like the year I got the accordion. Um, yeaaaaaah. But please, how would this not be much much much cooler and a great addition to our road trip to Coachella this year?! Huh, huh? It's either this or I get back to trying the accordion.

  • iPod Turntable
  • !!

    Hello Kitty breath tester. Why you ask? I say why not! I'm not above asking people if my breath stinks but why the hell would I want to bother your granny when I could ask Hello Kitty instead? For like, a million dollars (it's in Yen and I'm bad at math) you can blow your way to ... well, whatever is crucial to have good breath for. One of four Kitty faces come up to let you know how horrendous or Harajuku your breath is. It's sauce! I'm not sure what's next or how important anything could be after this. Possibly a rectal freshness thermometer? You shudder but this is from the same company that actually produces a Hello Kitty personal vibrating unit for women. You know it, I just can't say it.

  • Hello Kitty Breath Tester
  • !

    Stay Golden t-shirt. By now you know that I would wear the hell outta this thing. Sadly finding this shirt on the internet anymore is harder than getting Bea Arthur to answer her door in Brentwood no matter how long you stand outside and sing "Hard Hearted Hannah." Sigh...
    Really, you gotta love the balls out basic look of the ladies on this shirt.

  • Stay Golden



  • !

    A Poketo wallet. About 20 bucks each. With the money you save on these hip, ultra cool wallets you'll be able to stuff some extra green inside and really make it sing! Talk about singing, various artists have created Poketo's with the visages of Weezer and the Postal Service on them. How cool! Put your money where your loyalty lies. And with such cool designs by up and coming artists, expect more stares at your ass with one of these babies in your back pocket.

  • Poketo Wallets
  • !




    outside/inside

    outside/inside

    outside/inside

    !
    Urgh! A Music War. Good luck finding this one. Sad to say, the two copies of this floating around on the internet are going for about $95 each. Almost worth the trouble but there is an online petition going to get it released to the unsuspecting Hot Topic brood so they can take a gander at the chemical composition that made My Chemical Romance. Clearly, this ain't going to be happenin for Christmas by a long shot since it isn't really even for purchase legitimately but this is why it's called a wish list.
    !
    @ Amazon Last I Looked $$$
    A Little Cheaper here with set list
    Urgh! on IMDB
    !
    !
    Coachella. What can I say? Any help to get me out west come April will be very welcome under my tree this year. Not the cheapest guilty pleasure that I indulge myself in each year but one of the most satisfying. There's nothing else like it. Heeeeeeeeelp!

  • Coachella 2006
  • !
    !
    Well, I think that about wraps things up this year Santa. I've been a really good boy depending on what circles you travel in. That thing at the Chemical Brothers show was just me testing the waters. I get a freebie right? Okay then, milk and cookies as usual by the ottoman. Maybe this year I'll have some really neat stained glass cookies for you!
    !
    Betamike

    No comments: