Monday, April 14, 2008

Coachella: Take 4


It is hard to believe that four years ago I began posting here for the sole purpose of documenting my very first Coachella experience. It was around this same time that I rekindled connections with some dear old friends, and was about to cement foundations with new ones.
!
Of course over the years the Skinny Tie Report has seen everything pop culture related from the idiotic, to the sublime, to the sublimely idiotic. Then came the three year itch. That time when life sort of becomes escapist enough that blogging about it becomes somewhat ironic. I've since had a passing love/hate relationship with becoming committed to posting here once again.
!
Looking upon the upcoming Coachella Music and Arts Festival this year (2008 for those of you who may stumble upon this years from now), has given me at least enough resolve to become chatty once again.
!
In this age of informative gossip rags, music hosting blogs, and family photo albums, I can't promise much anymore. In fact, I have found that posting sets of my photos over at Flickr...complete with captions... suffice much better than trying to Sylvia Plath my way through any explanation I can muster here.
!
However, since I am if nothing else a traditionalist, watch for a complete recap of what is sure to be an amazing musical and pop culture experience, shared with those who appreciate it most, and who (ironically) this whole kit an kaboodle is dedicated to.
!

No comments: