Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Of iPod

It's raining today but it's all dots and loops in my world as I've been listening to the lovely "The Sunlandic Twins" album by Of Montreal given to me by my good friend & musical sherpa Sashook. It is absolutely fantastic, you should educate yourself. Check out their tripp-happy vid Wraith Pinned to the Mist (and other games). Oh, and just so there is no mistake, you need to start loving the Arcade Fire ASAP. I've been loving them for a while but after seeing thier video for "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" on Subterranean I thought the rest of you should jump on board.
-------------
Also, last night I saw the most bizarre thing: An M&M's commercial with Iron & Wine's cover of The Postal Service's "We Will Become Silhouettes." M&M's!!!!!!! Indie cred melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

-------------
Yet another reason that npr is worth appreciating and saving is their great All Songs Considered. Treat your ears to something unexpected.
-------------
Today I upgraded to iTunes 4.9 just so I could venture into the world of Podcasting. What the hell is Podcast? Here's a nifty explanation via
Wikipedia. Oh by the way, sign of the apocalypse: Adam Curry is apparently BIG in the Podcast world. Yikes.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Hey betamike! I've been drooling all over my keyboard listening to just a sample of the more than 3,000 podcasts! We've been talking about doing these at work to keep the kids in the know. LOVE it!!!

And isn't Of Montreal great? Criterp is a big fan, too!

Anonymous said...

What is it with the Postal Service allowing such rampant TV usage of their songs! First, "Such Great Heights" was used on a commercial for MTV's terrrrrible reality series "Laguna Beach". Then, "Such Great Heights" was used AGAIN on a commercial for ABC's "Grey Anatomy" (actually not a bad show). Now an M&M commercial? What's next?!

PS...Podcasting rocks! I'm so happy Apple has decided to incorporate this fantastic new medium into iTunes.

Beta Mike said...

I went a little crazy with the Podcasting subscriptions last night. It was subscribing madness!!! By the way, I heard that Peaches "F*ck the Pain Away" was going to be used in a Tylenol commercial!