Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Skinny 11.20.05

Life is so harried lately, it has been giving me the gout. That's how we used to put it when someone was complaining or stressing us out back in the plaid days. You know who you are, you know of where I reference.
!
My hair is definitely too long these days and I just can't manage a trip to see Gayle my (gasp) stylist. And yes for years I mocked in the general direction of those who went to a "stylist," and yes I go to a place called the Hair Cuttery. A place so hideously named that it conjures up images of the barber shop equivalent of a meat market. But I like the conversation and Gayle rocks, Literally I think.
!
My Nextel and I have recently gone through a messy divorce after I caught it dropping over 50% of my calls. Never ignore me. I quickly rebounded with someone I had been fancying for a while, the sleeker and sexier Razr V3. I'm a whore I know - a materialistic, form over function, gotta have it whore. Nextel and I have remained friends and now only enjoy conjugal visits at work where I am forced to use it.
!
I am drowning in delinquencies. Delinquent in seeing even the most basic of movies: The Squid and the Whale, Harry Potter (I know it only came two days ago), Chicken Little, Walk the Line, Jarhead. Delinquent in the hopeless bottomless pit that is my DVR backlog. Delinquent in writing any of the million retro-obsessive blog entries that are the cornerstone of The Skinny Tie Report.
!
This pleasant little video makes me think of something very haunting and wonderful. It reminds me of Robotech meets Epcot meets ambient meets the Victorian era meets the future. A heady dream-like clip that reminds me of what I imagine happens after you die and you get to float above and see the future or what remains of it. I watch it over and over and over. Take a look. Please do.
!
The delicious Golden Girls get another Season on DVD, Season 3, in only two days! I can remember when it seemed hopeless that this would even get the DVD treatment. Signing online petitions, praying to the altar of Marc Cherry, standing outside of 2000 Old Ranch Road in Brentwood, California serenading and writing love letters that ultimately went unanswered. Those days are thankfully over. Except for maybe the visits to Bea's house in Brentwood.
!
I have been using "delicious" as an adjective a little more than I should lately. It's making me fret. It too has been giving me the gout.

No comments: